Tips for Creating a Great Logo for Your Brand
Deciding on a logo for your brand can be tough. Whatever you choose is going to be on your products, website, across your social media profiles, and on your stationary. Choosing to change it later can be time-consuming and confusing for your clients. Your logo is an incredibly important part of creating an instantly recognizable and trustworthy brand, but with so many options and so much pressure riding on your decisions, designing one can seem like a huge task. It doesn’t need to be. Here are some great tips to help you.
Keep it Simple
When you’ve got a lot of ideas, it can be tempting to try and fit them all in. However, this can be overwhelming to the eye and confusing. Keeping things simple can make your logo easy to identify and memorable.
Think About Font
Many brands try to incorporate their brand name or a tagline into their logo, some even use a signature. While this is to the point, and can be effective, it’s important to consider the font you use. It needs to stand out and be easy to read. Check out the Amerisleep logo for the perfect, modern example of this.
Colors are also exceptionally important when it comes to logo design. Try to limit yourself to two or three different colors. While it’s a great idea to use more than one color to make your logo stand out, too many can make it look messy and untidy. Experiment with different color combinations to find some that work well together, but also think about how they will look on different backgrounds.
Make Sure It’s Relevant
If you choose a picture or symbol, make sure it’s relevant to what you do. You want people to look at your logo and know exactly what kind of business you are. Be clever and come up with a unique idea, but make sure it suits your brand and isn’t likely to confuse new clients.
Before making a commitment, test your logo out. Try it out in different places and on different platforms, and see how it looks. Then, ask friends, family, clients and focus groups what they think. Sometimes a fresh pair of eyes is necessary.
Think of the Future
Re-branding is hard work and not something you want to do too often. So, get it right. Think about the future. Try to see where your brand will be in five years’ time and ask yourself if your logo will still work.
Hire a Professional
If you are struggling with ideas or having trouble putting these ideas on to paper, you can always hire help. Design is unbelievably important to the growth and success of any company so is something that is worth spending a little money on.
Remember to have some fun and try out some new ideas. You don’t have to hit publish on the first thing you create so take your time, hire help if you need it, and enjoy creating a logo for your growing brand.
- 5 Things Every Online Store Should Have
- Tips for Making a New Website Project Manageable
- 5 Tech Careers You’ve Probably Never Considered
- Smart WP redirects
- How to make a great first impression in business
- Where Is the Best Place for Social Media Icons?
- Tips for Creating a Great Logo for Your Brand
- Hiring a Web Designer – Watch Out for These Red Flags
- How to Use Effective Branding On Your Business Emails
- How to build an effective website for your business
- How to Create a Brand Community
- How to Pick the Right Microsoft Office Package
- Self-employment and tax
- 5 Reasons Brand Consistency is So Important
- How to Choose the Best Hosting Plan for Your Business
- Displaying WordPress childpages with thumbnails
- Pagination with a custom wp_query
- Self Employment Adventures
- Displaying Custom Posts by Taxonomy Order With Taxonomy Titles
- Advanced ACF Relationship Query
- ACF Relationship Query
- Custom post type orderby menu_order not working?
- How to add an Admin user to a WordPress install via FTP
- Christmas approaches
- Shadow of the Colossus
- SJC Snare Drum Painting #02
- The Sho Exhibition
- Art Show!
- Adventure Cat
- Artshow Robot
- Dead Nyan Cat
- SJC Snare drum painting
- The Hype Theory Comic
- Barriers of entry
- My first mural
- SJC snare drum painting
- Weeks go by
- Wacom Shortcuts
- You are experience technical difficulties
- 3D Grass Render
- The black hole of work!
- Blwyddwyn Newydd Dda!